Thursday, April 14, 2011

Welcome

Hello all!

I have designed this blog to give us a bit more of a platform to discuss and build our class Zine. This should make it easier to brainstorm, edit and work together to create. As a class we decided that our Zine would be centered around the Charleston Metro area with a calendar of upcoming events, profiles on local art/artists, writers, musicians and festivals as well as some opinion pieces about local and current events.

We also decided on an editorial board as follows:

Editor in Chief: Christie Linger
Articles and Copy Editor: Casey Guet
Photography Editor: Melissa Hines
Layout: ?

Maribel, Tabitha and Jameyia you will need to decide what role you would like to play. Usually we have had more than one photography, articles and layout editors, so decide where you would like to play a part and let me know, most likely you can just comment here.

I have invited all of you to be contributors on this blog, so you should have no problem posting here. Blogger is pretty easy, so if you have any trouble just shoot me an email.

For this weekend I would like everyone to think about a story that they would like to write for the zine and post a proposal for that story here as a new post. I would also like you all to start thinking about layout and the design of a logo.

We will meet Tuesday in A315!

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I didn't post this before, but there was never a "Post a Comment" place when I was pulling it up, so I didn't know how to post!!

    I too like the idea of the events in the Charleston area. Many people, including myself, do not participate in a lot of the local events just because they don't know much about them.

    When going somewhere new, I like to know what kind of events are offered, the kind of people that will attend, if it is appropriate for children, etc.

    I think the zine will be a great source to our community!!

    ReplyDelete